1. Walks are truly healing, especially solo.
2. Time is the only resource that matters.
Don’t waste it away.
3. Make more art for yourself. It brings you more joy than most things.
4. Intention counts, even if you don’t tick off all the boxes at the end of the day.
5. Inbox Zero just isn’t worth it. Try clearing up some headspace instead.
6. Don’t try to clean up someone else’s mess when your own life is in disarray.
7. Handwritten notes > Email.
8. The first step to learning something new isn’t step 1 in the manual. Being open to learn comes first.
9. Start recognising the self-destructive patterns in your life before it’s too late. Your mind, body and heart deserve better.
10. Don’t hesitate to ask for help.
Not everything needs to happen in silos.
11. Establishing healthy boundaries and communication patterns is crucial to growth.
12. Stop trying to escape reality.
13. Sleep is your friend. rest more.
14. Nothing beats authenticity. own your truth.
15. Healing takes its own course. Let it.
16. Your local parks and gardens miss your company. Spend more time under trees and your soul will be rewarded a hundred times over.
17. Don’t be an asshole to people or creatures. Kindness goes a long way.
18. Showing up for yourself is sometimes harder than showing up for others. Don't stop trying.
19. Anything in excess is bad for you. Particularly overthinking.
20. Being a good listener takes time and effort to cultivate. Get better at listening, even if you don’t fully agree with the other person.
21. Let your loved ones know you love them before it’s too late.
Decided to do this exercise myself and take stock of all the truths I've discovered/personal takeaways from 2021. Thank you for reading. Please let me know your big takeaway/s from 2021 in the comments section.
-Rohini Kejriwal | Founder, The Alipore Post